Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Reflections of Being Sick - Am I looking into this too much?

I just got over being sick for a week. It was horrible and I wont give any details but I would not suggest you loss 7 pounds that way.

Being sick allowed me some time to rest. My mind was a blur and I could not function in anyway. The only thing for me to do was rest. That meant no books, no computer, no TV. I couldn't focus on a single item of information and any movement made me nauseous.

After a few days of nothing, I started thinking:
Why was I sick?
Why had I attracted this?
What was my body reacting to?
What was I in need of?
Was I suppressing any emotions?

The life coach in me needed answers. I wouldn't be me if I hadn't asked and I would be denying myself growth.
So I started delving into every aspect of my life.
Was I happy where I was living?
Did I enjoy my home?
Was I truly grateful for what I had?
Did I really have the faith to follow the path God has for me?
Where do I want to live?
What is the next step in my relationship with my husband?
Am I ready for it?
Am I choosing the right things for my children?
What is my goal for them?
Am I really focusing in on our family's goals?
What is being neglected that truly matters?
What are my fears?

These are all really inspiring questions and they all received small amounts of thought and focus. Now that I am well I will look into these answers more thoroughly. I know that the answers are inside of me and God will inspire me. The real question is am I ready to listen?

2 comments:

  1. Well, Adrienne, you are asking the questions. That's the start. You are also aware. This may just be your body requiring much needed rest, and nothing more. You will find the answers, and you will know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gut tells me you were reacting to the possibility of moving.....from there only you can know the details. They are with in you. It is a good honest post about all of your possibilities.

    ReplyDelete