Thursday, November 18, 2010

Oprah Interview withJohn of God by Crystal Church

Coming home..................it is not just crossing over it can be a re-birth


Oprah is a very influential woman and her latest story about John of God, really caught my attention. I don’t have cable TV so I read the interview online. What really caught my attention was a statement from the Dr. that Oprah had on, Dr. Rediger, who met and experienced being in the realm of John of God. Dr. Rediger said, “Whatever is happening at the Casa with John of God, I believe it's not about the phenomena or even about the healer—it's about a shift that happens to these people internally, spiritually or psychologically.


The above statement got me to thinking about my recent journey. I have been de-toxing off an anti-depressant that I have been on for a while and it has really had a profound effect on me. If I used one word to describe it, it would have to be ‘clarity’. Just a bit of background information into why clarity would be an important feeling, I am a recovering addict and I have been sober for 4 years. I desire to be completely free of chemicals and I decided that since I have done so much spiritual work in the past few years and I am mentally strong, now is the time to trust my intuition and know that I can go off the chemical that helped me off and on for many years.

The link between what John of God is doing and what I am experiencing is this……an ordinary man who is healing with his love and faith is showing us that our bodies are just merely the vehicle for which we live on earth. The real power of us lies in our souls. As we learn how to tap into this power of our souls……as John of God has, we begin to heal ourselves and other. I too have tapped into my own power. It does not lie in a substance or drug, it lies in our ability to learn and trust that we have the answers we need inside of us.

As I have been exploring my past and looking at the why’s of my addiction, I have realized that my powerful self was protecting me from my environment from a very early age. As an infant when chaos came into my life I had to fight or flight. I could not fight and the only flight I could do was internal. I was merely a child less than 1 year old, so my own amazing soul changed my biochemistry to keep me safe and alive. As this change in chemistry occurred, it created an altered state that set the stage for addiction. I grew up and craved that altered state because it was familiar and comfortable. Add normal teenage experimental stage and you quickly have a drug addicted person.

So, in going back to my clarity… for the first time, perhaps in my life, I am clear. I am feeling emotions that have been muted and diluted for years. I am not afraid of them because I have learned that you can truly heal what you feel, but only if you feel it. This new me, that is close to the child I was born as, is tapped in to my feelings. I am fully integrated with my physical self, where as before I spent many years trying to get as far away from reality as possible. What caused the shift and the clarity? A conscious choice to feel. A desire to love and understand myself instead of belittles and tear myself down. I decided that I could not have been born into this world a bad person who wanted to be addicted to drugs and alcohol and make bad choices. Along the way I met my life coach and mentor Maia Berens who introduced me to a philosophy I quickly adopted. She told me we are responsible for everything that happens to us. So, I chose to take responsibility for everything that has happened to me since I arrived here on earth and once I did that……..I could see that I could also chose a better life.

Today, at the end of an uncomfortable detox, and in the midst of a sober life I realized….I am here, I am home. Amazingly enough coming home didn’t mean death for me. It was quite the opposite. It was a rebirth. I am like John of God, a normal person, who tapped into their own spiritual power and used it to heal. I have used it to heal myself. I like him, feel my work, my change, my shift, has been a divine intervention. It is like a channeling of information and placement of the proper people to enter my life when and where I needed it. I can clearly see that the power and potential of our spiritual self is unlimited in my opinion, and I plan to carry this message through out my work as an emotion based personal development life coach.

So, let me end with a statement from the doctor who experienced John of God……..In terms of his own experience with John of God, Dr. Rediger says it's been life-changing. "Perhaps the real heart within us is not just a pump, he says.”Perhaps the real heart within us is about love and faith. Perhaps the physical body is not who we really are. Perhaps we are these invisible souls walking around, and the body is just an instrument or metaphor for something we are trying to learn."

No comments:

Post a Comment