Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Resistance by You University Life Coach, Savina Cavallo

What is this thing we call resistance?
I'm experiencing resistance in several areas of my life. Such as, resistance:

* to taking the actions needed to move forward and grow my Life Coach practice;
* to allowing myself to try out new things;
* to exercising consistently and not eat sweets daily!

I know these actions are in my best interest, yet even though I know and get excited about them, I don't realize them. I feel I let myself down and I feel awful.
Where does this resistance come from? Why am I doing this? I don't really know. Yet. I do know it's there and I don't like it. Should I resist resistance? No. I prefer to learn from it and find the answers to these questions...answers that are within me. I've been journaling and working with my life coach to arrive at a place of understanding and acceptance.
One good thing is I'm growing in self knowledge. I now know I have resistance to the good that's for me. I was unaware of this. I want to learn from it, as it has been a part of me...a learned response to something deeper that is beginning to surface (fear?).

No comments:

Post a Comment