Friday, October 1, 2010

Finding Balance


I am reminded today of appreciating opposites. I notice that people don't always appreciate what they have until it is gone. This can go with every aspect of your life. We don't truly appreciate pleasure until we have known pain. We don't love the sunshine until we have been stuck in the rain.

This world reacts to these opposites by finding balance. We are all trying to find balance. As I write this the saying "moderation in all things" pops into my mind.

So how do we find balance with our opposites?
-Moderation in all things- As a recovering addict I know that things in excess can cause great harm. Excess of anything goes against our bodies wanting to find balance.

-Self awareness - Being intuitive of our bodies and our feelings can give us clues as to when we might feel out of balance.

-Self Care -One of the biggest lessons that I have learned through life coaching is concerning self care. Caring for ourselves helps us find balance. Especially, if we have not done the first two suggestions.

2 comments:

  1. Adrienne,
    I enjoyed reading your blog post. I felt peace and that you are writing about what you have experienced in your own life as well as myself. I know when I'm out of balance, although I may not always listen to myself. I also love the peaceful picture to support the message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What really stand out to me here in this post is 'self'............It all starts with us 'self'. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete