Friday, June 25, 2010

All in Due Time

I am reminded today how important it is to be patient and relax. Some days I get so caught up in rushing that I am just forcing myself from one activity into another. I get into such a frenzy about the future that I am force feeding myself to do things that are supposed to be good for me. I have to pray, I have to meditate, I have to get the boys breakfast and so on until I am having to go to bed. This mentality is a prescription for miserable mentality. I am just moving on to the next thing without appreciating my life.

So I am giving myself permission to enjoy the moment. Live in the now. Not "I want it right now" but "I love what I have right now". I am giving myself permission to enjoy things I don't normally enjoy. I am going to feel priviledged to make my bed, I am going to embrace doing the dishes, I am going savor folding the laundry. I am going to appreciate making meals for my sweet family. I am going to enjoy the now without rushing into the future. I am going to love what I have instead of waiting for that special something that will make me happy. I choose to be happy now!

No comments:

Post a Comment